What are the benefits of hiring an Apprentice ?
The benefits of hiring an apprentice are many and various, they include:
Increased quality of work:
Apprentices are continually assessed and monitored. This ensures that the quality of their work is consistently high. 74% of businesses believed their apprentices became an asset to their business before the end of their training period. 70% of businesses with an apprenticeship programme believe the quality of their recruits has increased as a result.
With apprenticeship based training to up skill the workforce, productivity improves. This decreases waste and improves employee satisfaction and retention. 76% of businesses saw an increase in productivity as a result of undertaking an apprenticeship programme. 57% of businesses believed their apprentices showed more loyalty than their other employees.
Alongside the increase in productivity and the decrease in waste, both training and recruitment costs are lower when hiring an apprentice. An apprentice’s national minimum wage begins at £3.50 per hour. Many employers choose to increase this as their apprentices develop more skills.
53% of businesses have noticed a decrease in their recruitment costs. 59% of businesses have noticed a decrease in their training costs.
*Hourly rate correct as of April 2017. Please see www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for current figures. Statistics taken from the Populas 2008 survey of businesses running apprenticeship schemes.
Collectively, these benefits will increase the competitiveness of your business.
By investing and improving the skills of your workforce, an apprenticeship scheme can ensure the long term continuity of your business.
Why work in connection with The Apprenticeship Centre?
- We work alongside your business to provide the required number of Guided Learning hours for each apprentice, and support each apprentice throughout their theory training.
- We provide hassle free and cost-effective apprentice recruitment. We advertise for and then select apprentices to best suit your vacancies and our apprentices come with a guaranteed high standard of theory training.
- Our dedicated staff and assessors will conduct unobtrusive, on-the-job assessments of your apprentices, to qualify them for nationally recognised training qualifications.
- We also provide NVQs in each of the apprenticeship disciplines, which are ideal for existing employees looking to gain a qualification in their industry.
What are your responsibilities to your apprentices?
- On-the-job training and instruction, including an overview of health and safety.
- Allow our assessors on-site to conduct assessments.
- Allow our tutors on site to conduct monthly training, reviews and evaluations.
- Pay your apprentices’ wages.
If you would like more information we would be more than happy to meet with you.
Contact us today for more information.