Customer Service Apprentice
Brief overview of the role
This is a great opportunity to join a growing customer service team. Duties will include: serving customers drinks and food in the restaurant, liaising with customers and finding out what they need, serving customers in the gift shop and maintaining the garden area where the animals are.
- Working 40 hours a week between the hours of 9 am to 10 pm. Working between Monday to Sunday.
Duties will include:
- Serving customers drinks and food in the restaurant
- Liaising with customers and finding out what they need
- Serving customers in the gift shop
- Maintaining the garden area where animals live
Duties may also include:
- Dealing directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries
- Handling and resolve customer complaints
- Obtaining and evaluating all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
- Providing pricing and delivery information
- Performing customer verifications
- Setting up new customer accounts
- Processing orders, forms, applications and requests
- Organizing workflow to meet customer timeframes
- Directing requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Managing customers’ accounts
- Keeping records of customer interactions and transactions
- Recording details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Recording details of actions taken
- Preparing and distribute customer activity reports
- Maintaining customer databases
- Managing administration
- Communicating and coordinating with internal departments
- Following up on customer interactions
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills include:
- Good Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational Skills
- Effective communication
- Good computing skills and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Desired personal qualities include:
- Willing to learn
- Keen and hardworking
- Exceptional timekeeping
- Creative thinking
- Independent enquiry
- Reflective learning
- Team working
Desired qualifications are ideally English and Mathematics GCSE at grade A-C or Level 2 equivalent, however, all shortlisted applicants will be invited to the training centre to participate in a recruitment event where Literacy and Numeracy will be assessed.
Outstanding prospects for a genuine career with Akamba, if the candidate works hard and proves to be an asset to the company there is every possibility to progress to a full-time position.
About the employer
At Akamba we offer all services ranging from garden design, event hire, plant hire, or a simple chat on the telephone to answer a query.
Training to be provided
At the end of your training, you will be required to complete an End Point Assessment to showcase what you have learnt throughout your apprenticeship.
Once the End Point Assessment has been completed and passed, you will achieve a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification.
Within the standard training, you will learn the knowledge, skills, behaviours and attitudes that are required for Customer Service. This will be met and assessed by a range of classroom taught modules, on and off-the-job training, and within the workplace, you will demonstrate your competence through a performance of tasks.
Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1 and Level 2 may also be undertaken if required, for learners to have the opportunity to improve Literacy and Numeracy.