Business Administration ApprenticeDaro Soft Furnishings Ltd
Brief overview of the role
This is a great opportunity to join a leading company in the Furniture Manufacturing Industry. Your role as a Business Administration Apprentice will be a varied and busy role and require great attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Monday to Thursday 7:30 to 4:30 Friday 7:30 to 12:30
- General Administration
- Maintain accurate records of employees absences
- Answering inbound calls and directing as appropriate
- Greeting clients
- Downloading files, preparing and printing files on a large format digital printer
- Preparing presentations as instructed
- Monitoring and updating spreadsheets
- Updating company specific databases
- Managing correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail
- Maintains stock list and orders of office supplies as needed
- Creates notes and agenda’s and taking meeting notes
- Assists in purchase orders and invoices
- Monitoring and reporting on any non-compliance instances
- Performing all duties in line with company standards, environmental policy, code of conduct and health and safety.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Numeracy and Literacy Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational Skills
- Effective communication
- Good computing skills and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Willing to learn
• Keen and hard working
• Exceptional time keeping
• Creative thinking
Ideally English and Mathematics GCSE at grade A-C or Level 2 equivalent however all shortlisted applicants will be invited to the training centre to participate in a recruitment event where Literacy and Numeracy will be assessed.
Outstanding prospects for a genuine career with Daro Ltd, if the candidate works hard and proves to be an asset to the company there is every possibility to progress to a full time position
Things to consider
Due to the early start public transport might be limited so Ideally candidates will either live locally or drive.
Questions for candidates
Why do you feel you would be suitable for this role?
Can you get to the place of work for 7:30 am?
About the employer
Daro Soft Furnishings Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
With over 40 years experience in manufacturing soft furnishings, Daro customised uses the latest technology to produce high-quality print photo products made to last. Our production and distribution centre is based in the heart of Derbyshire with our head office located in Northampton. If you would like to know more about our products or services please contact our customer services team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Training to be provided
At the end of your training, you will be required to complete an End Point Assessment to showcase what you have learnt throughout your apprenticeship.
Once the End Point Assessment has been completed and passed, you will achieve a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
Within the standard training, you will learn the knowledge, skills, behaviours and attitudes that are required for Business Administration. This will be met and assessed by a range of classroom taught modules, on and off-the-job training, and within the workplace, you will demonstrate your competence through the performance of tasks.
Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2 may also be undertaken if required, for learners to have the opportunity to improve Literacy and Numeracy.