Business Administration Apprentice
Brief overview of the role
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established organisation. Your role will include duties such as answering calls, dealing with enquiries, general administration responding to emails and much more.
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Administrator required to help assist the team complete administrative tasks such as:
• To answer the telephone within a timely manner
• Transfer calls to the appropriate person
• Take messages including callers name and telephone number
• Email details of the message to the appropriate person.
• Maintaining paper and electronic personnel files
• Sending and receiving e-mails
• Producing and distributing automatic reports from software
• Conducting audits across all departments of the company
• General administration, such as filing
• Maintaining reports on excel
• Provide appropriate administrative support to colleagues as necessary
• Project a positive image of oneself and the company to others
• Data Inputting.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
Requirements and prospects
- Good telephone manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and good I.t Skills
• Willing to learn
• Keen and hard working
• Exceptional timekeeping
• Creative thinking
• Independent Enquiry
Ideally English and Mathematics GCSE at grade A-C or Level 2 equivalent, however, all shortlisted applicants will be invited to the training centre to participate in a recruitment event where Literacy and Numeracy will be assessed.
Outstanding prospects for a genuine career with A Lewis and Son, if the candidate works hard and proves to be an asset to the company there is every possibility to progress to full-time position
Questions for candidates
Why do you feel you would be suitable for this role?
Can you get to the location of this role on time, Monday to Friday?
About the employer
A Lewis & Sons Ltd
Since becoming established in 1899, Lewis’s Bakery has exceeded customer expectations by providing a range of delicious baked goods. Based in the Northfield area of Birmingham, Lewis’s Bakery holds traditional values but offers a modern outlook. We deliver to up to 150 customers throughout Birmingham and the West Midlands, providing fresh baked bread and rolls which can be frozen for convenience. Although we primarily supply to the hospitality and catering industry, we welcome enquiries from other sectors. Through being accredited by The British Retail Consortium, we can assure you that all of our produce is of a high standard and you will not be disappointed.
Training to be provided
At the end of your training, you will be required to complete an End Point Assessment to showcase what you have learnt throughout your apprenticeship.
Once the End Point Assessment has been completed and passed, you will achieve a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
Within the standard training, you will learn the knowledge, skills, behaviours and attitudes that are required for Business Administration. This will be met and assessed by a range of classroom taught modules, on and off-the-job training, and within the workplace, you will demonstrate your competence through the performance of tasks.
Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2 may also be undertaken if required, for learners to have the opportunity to improve Literacy and Numeracy.